Wednesday 8 June 2011

ESSEX BARS/CLUBS REVIEW WEEK 1 MISSOULA AND CIROC (FORMERLY BRANNIGANS)




The Review



So last night I snubbed an invite to the SBTV launch party attended by everyone from my best friend Shola Ama to Keri Hilson, in favour of a quiet night out at a few bars in Romford, Essex with close friends. Im currently filming my own reality show and for the last few weeks opposed to filming, I've been sitting in meetings, grrr!! So obviously I jumped at the chance at a nice night out drinking!

So, the night began in Missolua and after a few cocktails we decided to head over to Ciroc (formerly Brannigans) for a few pints......Yes I was on the pints last night lol. Generally, I find the bar a really cool place, the majority of people are nice and it kind of has a 'anything goes' atmosphere, and as well as having great promotions the staff are really friendly. It's actually the same vibe I get when I go out locally in Brick Lane or Soho.
Now, I'm not blowing my own trumpet, but working in the media industry does give me the advantage of some great perks....normally having the option to be able to go anywhere I want, but I'd happily swap a 'Press night' for a local night any day of the week, just because im not all about the “Show” like most people in the industry!!

We arrived at Ciroc and all 4 of us were having a great night! We said hello to Jason, the guy that promotes and runs the night who is always a plesure to talk to, and carried on chatting and dancing together.
After only having two drinks, my friend was approached by one of the bouncers from the door and asked to remove his coat!! WTF??? Since when are you not allowed to wear a jacket inside?? I've only ever had a one problem with a member of door staff in my life, that being the notorious rudeness of one lady at G-A-Y, so I was shocked to find something like this happening here!

Anyway, him being totally in the right replied “No”, as would I or anyone else I know for that matter! Now, we're not just talking a shitty old jacket or some hideous Primark disaster seen on 50 other people in the high street, we're talking a brand new All Saints Leather bomber jacket that was totally apart of his outfit! So baring in mind we came in with our jackets on, walked past all of the doormen to get in, walked past them numerous times whist in the club and also spoke to this particular guy whilst outside..... Why the need now to take our coats off???

We all had one more drink before the bouncer came over and told my friend he had to leave through the BACK DOOR!!! He was ushered to the side like he has just caused a fight or insulted someones mother, and removed from the building all of this down to the fact he would not take his coat off!! As he was driving he wasn't even drinking alcohol! Is this for real?? I'm pretty damn sure it's not some difference between the Counties or something, but I did check the dresscode which is “Gay Friendly”. It didnt seem very friendly to us all last night! When we're out in London we go to bars and clubs wearing leather jackets, blazers or any other type of jacket as part of our outfits all the time and it would never be questioned or cause us to be removed from a venue, so why did it happen last night?

This matter aside, I've always had great night at Ciroc and even invited celebrity friends along as it’s a real 'No hassle' kind of place, so Im not saying I wouldn’t go back again but it does make me question the authority that door staff have, or think they are entitled to these days??? Should they really be able to treat people in this way and ruin what could have potentially turned into a totally amazing night? I ask myself, is this kind of behaviour to cover up some sort of hate in themselves? A longing to fulfill the need of being able to tell people what to do because of their own insecurities?

Have you ever had any problems like this???? Let me know what you think of this matter and ill be sure to add the best comments to my video diary! Or catch me on TWITTER just CLICK HERE

4 comments:

  1. Very good blog well done,I love you're work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true and well said blog Dean,I'll be sure to review these bars in my Drinking OUT column in your name.Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERY FUCKING WORD IS TRUE!!!!!!!! ABOUT TIME SOMEONE SPOKE UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fat ginger female door lady at Missoula is a right pain in the arse. Clearly on a power trip. Anyone know her name?

    ReplyDelete