Saturday 26 February 2011

All Saints Customer Service - Saints Or Sinners???





It all started about 8 years ago for me the day I fell in love with All Saints. I bought my first pair of grey skinny jeans and V-Neck logo jumper. I got the jeans from the girls section cos it wasn't cool in those days for boys to wear spray on skinnies and the jumper I had my eye on for about a week. I got a phone call from my best friend at the time (FYI She's a total bitch now, not spoken for her in years and when i think of her i imagine her playing in the middle of the M25) about a night out and the first thing that came to my head was this All Saints outfit that I had seen in store! These were the days when you could wear All Saints and no-one would know the brand and guys would come up to you all night asking what brand you was wearing!! Ahhh the good old days before the chavs got in there!!!!


I was then bitten by the All Saints bug!


It cost me around £190 pounds which was and suppose still is a lot of money. At the time i had a normal 9-5 job so I only earned £250 a week so £190 out of my weeks wage was leaving me 60 pounds to last me all week including this big night out - but if you really love something then it's worth it, right?


It all began when I was visiting the London, Islington and Essex stores. It is a shop of pure luxury with stripped wooden floors and dark yet beautiful interior detailing, sometimes looking like an abandoned warehouse in parts but they pull off the look perfectly. Bluewater was my fav store and also had major hot staff! I love their unique style and enjoy the very often splurge in there. I've done shoots and tv shows over the years and they have lent or given me clothes to wear so generally a nice company although I have spoken to a few staff at head office (office not store) and they have been totally up their own arse until they realise who is on the other end of the phone!


So basically you are looking at at least £40 for a t-shirt, £95 for a jumper, scarves can be £50 to £80 and jeans start at around £65. Although they did used to be a lot more expensive! I remeber spending at least £95 on jeans.

Although the prices are somewhat high and clearly aimed at the rich, thin, fashionable proportion of today's society, it is a beautiful shop. The sales assistants do not pester you but they are on hand if you need anything and are generally polite and helpful. They do not hover but offer honest opinions when you try things on. When you have selected your purchase you receive it in one of those vintage or sometimes cloth bags that we all love. It has an aged look to it and 'All Saints Spitalfields' written in old fashioned, swirly writing with rope handles. As far as the returns policy goes you cannot get a full refund but you can exchange for something else or a credit note, which is not unusual and can be annoying but you will usually find something else that you want. As far as the shops go, they are generally all the same kind of decor and I have experienced consistently good service in each of the stores that I have visited UNTIL LAST WEEK!



I out for the day wearing a new season denim shirt which i had for around 3 weeks and worn twice. I was walking around Westfield London doing a little shopping before meeting friends for a drink when I realised one of the studded buttons had gone missing on my shirt!! It had to be the button right in the middle as well grrrrr so i couldn't even hide it! I was outside the mens store at the time so I thought i'd return it and get another ready to go meet friends when i arrived in store and explained to the very helpful shop assistant that a button was missing. She walked me over to her manager that instantly looked like a bulldog ready to eat me as soon as i said the word FAULTY! I had explained what had happened and that I had only had it on twice but i could tell from the word go this wasn't gonna be easy. I didn't have a receipt on me obviously as I was wearing it and didn't expect this to happen but she needed to see some proof so I waited on hold to my bank for 20 mins trying to find the exact date and time I purchased the item, or as she told me "I'll have a buttonless shirt and nothing could be done". I know the retail industry like the back of my hand and know if an item is faulty and as you could see still looks brand new you can exchange or even give a refund without a receipt. Unlike most shops All Saints is lucky as you can only buy All Saints from them its not like buying a Lyle and Scott jumper from Choice. Anyways after a very frustrating 20 mins and the bulldog in store telling me to "enjoy" my buttonless shirt night out, I then left.


All Saints Brick Lane


Headed over to the Brick lane store in which I waited around 5 mins before receiving an apology for the faulty item i bought in which i was told a lot have been returned due to this problem and was given a brand new shirt.


All in all


I wont be shopping in the Westfield store ever again and will stick to my local and helpful store in Brick Lane. I totally suggest if anyone else has a problem like this to return it to Brick Lane or even just call ahead to the head office and save you self a journey. All Saints will still remain a good store with me but has been tarnished in my eyes a little. The last week i've been shopping in Religion in Brick Lane and I highly recommend this store - i spent around 500 pounds in which i'm totally happy with all my items. They even gave me a free vest to wear for a bar that I was opening in the week! I know no one will have my clothes as yet and I left the store with a smile on my face so all is good!!


http://www.religionclothing.co.uk


Have you guys ever experienced terrible customer service? 


Hope you all enjoyed this post and hopefully it will help you in some way!


Deano xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'd just like some advice as to what to do. I bought a skirt from their website, first time I wore it, it laddered a pair of £20 tights, second time it cut my skin on my hip. I felt something sharp along the seam, and amazingly pulled out half a rusty, broken sewing needle! I emailed them and called them, said there's nothing they can do without seeing the 'faulty' skirt, which they want me to send to them out of my own pocket! It's not faulty, the needle is now out, but I feel quite angry that they don't seem to care I was physically hurt by their products. What's the next step I can take to get this sorted?
    Thanks for any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    Thanks for reading! Well first of all id start by reporting them to trading standards!

    same kind of thing happened to me but with a security tag that was left with the back off on a pair of topman jeans,I contacted head office to complain and they sent me some gift vouchers,Although this didn't make up for the cut on my leg it helped sweeten it!

    Let me know who you get on

    Dean xx

    ReplyDelete